Dragon Network: Environmental Paganism
A wise old Chief is dying, so he calls his Tribe to
his side for the last time. He gives each member of the Tribe a
short, sturdy stick. "Break the stick." The old man says. With some
effort they all manage to snap their sticks in half.
"This is how is it when we stand alone. We
are easily broken." Then the old man hands each of them another
stick. "This time turn to your neighbors." He says. "Put your sticks
together in bundles of twos & threes. Now try to break these in
None of them is able to break the bundles of sticks.
"We are strong when we stand with another soul. When we are together
we cannot be broken."
That is the essence of the Dragon Network.
Why not join us?
Dragon is a decentralized network, & we have no 'book
of rules', but we have evolved a set of basic principles:
- Dragon believes that the Earth is Sacred
- Dragon is a decentralized network - A web of people
working together on local, National & International issues
- Dragon combines practical environmental work with
ecomagic. Each is as important as the other, & it is through this
synergy that we focus our vision for change.
- Dragon is committed to Non-Violent Direct Action
- Anyone who shares our principles & aims is welcome
to join, regardless of their Religion or Spiritual path
Dragon aims to:
- Increase general awareness of the sacredness of
- Encourage Pagans to become involved in conservation
- Encourage Pagans to become involved in environmental
- Develop the principles & practice of magical &
Spiritual action for the environment, (which we call 'eco-magick'